- Contact Info
• DAE - delayed access exchange
• Key controlled mechanical time delay interlock
• Designed to control access to dangerous machines with a run-down time or where machinery must complete an operating cycle before access is permitted
• Made for applications where the availability of the main power is limited or where the timer needs to be located in a potentially explosive atmosphere
• Mild steel enclosure
• Available with FS or Q type lock portions
In a typical application, the DAE mechanical time delay unit is designed to operate as a part of an integrated safety system that controls access to hazardous areas.
The release of the isolation key (key A) from a key switch, e. g. KS, interrupts the electrical supply to the machine. Key A is then placed in the DAE time delay unit and turned, initiating the timer. After completion of the time out period another key (key B) can be released (the time delay must be longer than the machine run-down time).
Key B can then be taken to the AIE access interlock and the door to the machine room can be opened.
The machine cannot be restarted until the door is locked closed and the key is returned to the DAE interlock.
|1||Lock portion type||FS / Q|
|2||Lock portion material||B = Brass, standard|
|3||Time delay||30 / 60 or 90 sec, standard or as required (max. 30 min)|
|4||Lock portion symbol||FS up to 3 digits / Q up to 6 digits|