- Contact Info
• Heavy-duty solenoid controlled key driven electrical switch interlock
• Intended to be used for the controlled isolation or switching of low current
• Used where a process can send a signal to release a key, e.g. a robot has to finish a cycle prior to isolation
• Should be used for short term, off load isolation
• Available with FS or Q type lock portions
• Mounting into an existing panel or for surface mounting
• IP65 rated mild steel enclosure (surface mount version)
• Manufactured from either brass or stainless steel
• Suitable for use in standard or harsh, corrosive environments
A typical application of KSS solenoid controlled switch is machine guarding. It is usually used in combination with an access interlock such as the Salus for part body access or an access interlock with an exchange key for full body access control such as AIE.
The KSS breaks the machine safety circuit ensuring a machine is shut down. Once the machine has completed the cycle, an external signal is received by the solenoid, which is indicated by an illuminated LED. Activating the green button on the KSS will enable the key to be turned and removed ensuring the power is locked out. The key can then be taken to the AIE access interlock to enable access to the machine.
The machine cannot be restarted until the door is closed, the bolt is trapped in the AIE access interlock and the key is removed and taken to the KSS.
|1||Isolation||20 amps (standard)|
|2||Lock portion type||FS /Q|
|3||Lock portion Material||B = Brass / S = Stainless steel|
|4||Mounting||P = Panel mount (back of board)
F = Front of board mount, with enclosure
|5||Contacts arrangement in normal position||CO = NO/NC arrangement (contacts closed/opened)
CC = NC arrangement (all contacts closed)
|6||Number of main contacts||Number of contacts|
|7||Control voltage||110 / 24 / 240 (standard)|
|8||Current||VAC / VDC|
|9||Lock portion symbol||FS up to 3 characters / Q up to 6 characters|